Thursday, August 24, 2006

a minor clarification

In serveral of my entries I may have alluded to a woman. The clarification I am making is that I am not merely not hooked on this woman since it has been a while since we interacted but I am done with her. However, she materialized a concept that I had developed for a while and am forced to suspend ... The idea really developed during my childhood when we travelled across the sub-continent by train. At stops in unheard of places I always had the urge to know more about the place. Well may be some of those urges were developed later. By the time I was 16 I was traversing the sub-continent alone, but still not fulfilling that one desire - to get off the bus or train and walk the rest with no plan or map. Many years later I was on that beach reading a book that only strengthened my desire, it had now evolved to riding a motorbike across the sub-continent. Today responsibilities have overtaken me a bit. But the explorations are happening. But the woman that I started talking about was the first and only woman so far that I felt fascinated by to take with me and show and share these explorations. When I think of exploring these days I wish I could take a partner but she has been the only candidate so far and thus finds place in several of my letters.