Monday, September 04, 2006

Steve Irwin

A sad day it is when a person as affable as Steve passes away. For me the passing of people and personalities is very dear, sometimes they are my friends, often we are anonymous to each other. A few months ago a close friend of mine passed away sadly it was not the way he would have wanted to go. If you know me then you will know that my friends and I desire one way to go, doing what we love the most. Surely but sadly that was hopefully the way Steve would have wanted to go. It may seem a bit wierd that I write a eulogy for a media personality that I have often regarded as merely an entertainer. But I do not feel this way to just anybody, but it seems toward people that had the merit and the ability to do something really good. But compared to the other personalities in the media and among all those off the media I have to say Steve had a charisma that made people and especially through children warm to the idea of conservation of wildife and wilderness. (I do have friends that have intereact3ed with Steve, and I have interacted with some others). I surely hope his legacy affect on the ideas of conserving wildlife and wilderness will have effect atleast in the parts, societies and governments of the world that he touched.

R.I.P.