Tuesday, September 12, 2006

left knee - time out!!

yes, i've done it again. always knew my left knee was weak. I used to go jogging some months ago and perhaps a yer before that and at wierd intervals like that for exactly that reason - my knee is bad. only in the past i have never had it throb this way. I hope i can walk to the shitter tomorrow morning. Nah! I'll walk or use my bed pan, but I know the knee will get better. but what it means is forget running. everytime i ran in the past my knee will give a slight note of uneasiness, and I would switch to workingout on the floating ass machine at the gym or just go biking. well I was running in April and i switched to biking that time. I love biking, while its a great passtime and CV exercise I cannot do more than two laps with out additional motivation. for instance i do my third lap only if there is a hot girl speeding ahead of me, else i get gatorade and chill with the geese. I have wanted to run and keep running, I also want to salsa dance, and rock and tree climb. but after my knee squeaked in April I have felt uneasy dancing salsa. shit!!! i have only one knee on each leg and i have to take care of them like my babies coz I wanna play for a long time.

so I have been packing on some lard since last year. packing on lard (in my books) is usually because of women. all the women I have hung out with love to eat, and guess what I love to eat too. but I pack it on. so in the past year i have noticed my body does not let me monkey as much, i am stiffer and the hard sexy abs that i have are simply not visible. its not even a beer belly, so that is problematic. and that is why i decided I have to do disciplined workouts and run alot. I woke up this morning and decided I am going to run 10 miles as often as I can (1 lap around the lake is ca. 9.34miles). great weather today but i went late so i decided to keep it a bit short. I ran not more than 3 miles, may be 2. ran a bit more on the return lap and walked most of the rest enjoying the weather and the wind. got into my car drove home and oh oh!!! I cannot get out of my car. left leg is stiff. so much for my yoga routine tonight, I can't even walk home.

well thats it - I've injured my knee. I think I will give the knee a break and not run for exercise again. only the floating ass machine, biking, yoga, and other good stuff.

c'est la vie car nous vieillissons ! (I hope that translates right)