Wednesday, September 13, 2006

more on Irwin

"But compared to the other personalities in the media and among all those off the media I have to say Steve" affected people's perception toward wildlife and nature. His antics on the screen and if the same as his behavior in his zoo unfortunately taught people that risks could be taken with wildlife (but remember on TV atleast he would caution against the same). Sure I have worked with venomous and non-venomous and harmless animals, and I have taken risks with them because I understood perfectly the circumstances, the animal's behavior among others. The one time I was in doubt I got bit by a viper. Irwin's method was important in appealing to kids because he was a cartoon, somthing the other media personalities have not achieved.

"I surely hope his legacy affect on the ideas of conserving wildlife and wilderness will have effect atleast in the parts, societies and governments of the world that he touched."