Thursday, October 19, 2006

dating - phone sex has replaced the real thing

I wonder every now and then about courtship and dating and pretty much why I am always single. I had a date for tonight but she just called and said she may not be able to make it. I had a date for tomorrow night as well and that girl suddenly has a boy friend. I had a date two weekends ago and that girl forgot my name or could not understand what I said on the phone. So here is my summary. To be engaged in a sort of courtship you need to know a potential mate that is interested in you. Well most women are interested in me. You also need to be persistent. I am not persistent. If a girl does not make the hand shake I really forget to call her back. So I am not persistent with individual potential successes. But I am not persistent with making random contacts either. See, to have a date every week you should be making pleasant conversation with atleast a handful or two hands ful of women every week. I do not make that amount of conversation, and when I do they are people that I have no interest in. Yesterday for instance I hung up on my mother after 40 minutes of conversation saying that I was tired of talking, call me back in a month. It works with my mother but not with strangers. With my closest of friends I do not like to talk on the phone. Women these days like to talk on the phone only. I guess that is why population in some countries is dropping, phone sex has replaced the real thing. I suppose that is the new clandestine population control policy in India and China.

Anatomy of developing relationships - meet new people daily, make conversation, exchange contact information, complement them, call them, remember their name and their face, if they cannot go out on one occasion call them again, if there is a sudden boyfriend he must be a mask, be persistent with each potential mate, meet new people, remember to call them atleast once in two weeks if anything has to come off it.

I do not follow any of the instructions above. I am happy and single and happily single. I once forgot what a girl looked like, another time I called her dog by her name, usually I forget to call for months, and when I walk into a room I do my thing and leave oblivious to people that noticed me. So, I am happy and single and happily single. Considering that my nature is wired this way I cannot be surprised that every woman that has captivated me, actually did that. Really, I have been stalked in some cases till I fell in love, or just habituated to a person that I fell in love, but all of those girls liked me, found me, followed me and tried to have me (making up for my lack of persistence).

So while I attempt at playing the dating game I am probably better doing what I really enjoy, nothing.